Will Code Violations Prevent You From Selling Your Home?
Do you have code violations but still want (or need) to sell your home? Despite the misconception that you cannot sell a home with code violations, you actually CAN!
Code violations can be major, like problems with the home’s foundation, or something simple like having an overgrown lawn. It is usually the violations on the actual home that could hinder selling your home, including:
- Foundation problems
- Bathrooms or kitchens
- Additions to the home
If you have any issues with many of these major structures or systems in the home, you likely know how expensive they are to fix. But, what if you need to sell your house now? Without making the repairs? It is possible.
Sell Your Home For Cash
The fastest and most convenient way to sell your home is by finding a reputable local cash buyer like Synergy Buys Houses Florida. These investors will buy your property despite any issues, including code violations. The bonus? They can close quickly. So, you can sell your home for cash AS-IS. No repairs, no cleaning, no painting...you get the idea.
The process is simple.
- Answer a few questions about your home.
- Receive an all-cash offer.
- Choose a closing date where you will receive cash for your property.
It might seem too good to be true, but it is actually one of the least stressful ways to sell your home in a hurry, especially if you have code violations.
Other Options for Selling a Home with Code Violations
While selling to a cash investor is a great choice if you have a home with code violations, there might be other options. It is important to check the laws in your state, because there are some situations where you cannot sell a home with certain code violations using traditional methods, and an all cash, as-is buyer like Synergy Buys Houses Florida might be your best option.
With a traditional sale, there will be a home inspection where they will note everything from missing smoke detectors to leaks and drywall cracks. Some mortgage lenders might not even give a loan for a property if it has major code violations. That said, here are some additional ways to sell your home with code violations.
- If the fixes are not too expensive, you can take the time and money to make the repairs. This might not be workable if you are lacking funds or need to close quickly for financial reasons.
- If the buyer will purchase as-is for a reduced price, that might be an option. However, it is usually the cash investors we mentioned earlier that are most willing to do this.
- If you have a buyer that knows about the code violations, they might accept a credit at closing to pay for the repairs. But again, this will not be a fast solution as with a traditional buyer you will have to wait for financing.
Ultimately, it is possible to sell a home with code violations. While you can fix the problems, the easiest solution is to sell to a local cash investor like Synergy Buys Houses Florida, who will be able to get you cash quickly for your home with no need for expensive repairs.
If you would like to learn more about selling your Jacksonville area home for cash, visit Synergy Buys Houses Florida and answer a few simple questions to get an all-cash offer today.